Frequently Asked Questions
What service does Search A Car provide?
Search A Car provides a free online service of advertisment for all UK users. All car advertised on the website are by private sellers and car dealers. However we do not take any responsibilty for transaction of any vehicles or get involved in anything of that sort. Basically all we do is provide a service for customers to find or sell a car without any cost.
How can it be free? What's the catch?
There's no catch, and no hidden charges or fees. Either you are private seller or car dealer you can advertise unlimited genuine vehicle adverts. All we ask you to recommend this free service to your friends and colleages. Search A Car is only earning money by google ads.
What if i do not have a mobile phone number can i still advertise my vehicle?
If you do not have a mobile phone number don't worry. You can just use your email adress for recieving enquiries. But it is good to add your phone number as it helps buyers to contact you quicker. However it is neccessary for you to give atleast one contact detail(Either a telephone/Mobile number or an email address)
Can I call Search A car?
Search A Car does not deal with any enquires or trading regarding the vehicles as you will need to contact to the seller directly either by ringing or emailing. On each vehicle details page you can find either contact number of seller or email contact form of seller to contact.
How much will it cost me to contact the suppliers?
We do not charge for you to contact the supplier however you have to check the costs with the seller contact number network (e.g O2, Virgin, T mobile, orange, 0845 numbers etc.).
How many cars can i advertise on the website?
There is no limit! Whether you are a private seller or a car trader it does not matter, You can advertise as many cars as you like.
How Many Sellers are registered with Search A Car?
Search A Car is a popular auto trader site. There are thousands of sellers registered with us. We have a huge number of private sellers and car dealers from all across the UK.
Am I allowed to advertise my business on the website?
It is forbidden for you to advertise your busiess or anything other than vehicles on our website as it contradicts our policy and if so then serious action will be taken. Our aim is to provide a unique network for selling / buying vehicles.
Is it compulsary for me to have a photo of my car?
No, not at all, it is not compulsary for you to have a photo of your car, however it would be advised for you to upload a photo as it will raise interest and buyers will be more confident in contacting you because he knows that how the car looks like.
My vehicle is sold. can i delete the advert?
Yes, you can delete your advert at anytime. Make sure you are logged in to your account first then you can delete any advert you have placed by clicking on the "Delete" link.
What if I have lost my password?
If you have forgotten your password then follow this link to reset your password.
You will be asked to enter your registered email address, and sent a new, temporary password that you can use to log into your account. After login you can then reset your password as usual.
How to sell your car safely?
Search A Car neither participate nor responsible for any car sales transaction. However few tips are,
- Always sell a car within the UK.
- Don't accept any overseas cheques or payment.
- Do not give your account details on the phone.
- Keep things local by meeting face to face with the buyer.
- If you are using a secure payment method, please check that the credit amount is showing on your balance.
- Only hand over the keys when you have recieved the money in cash or when you are sure that money is transfered in your bank account genuinely etc. Please ask your bank for more advice etc.
How to buy a car safely?
Search A Car neither participate nor responsible for any car sales transaction. However few tips are given below,
- Always view the car before buying any new or used car.
- Pay upfront when satisfied with car condition, mileage etc.
- Do not pay online.
- Do not buy a car from overseas sellers.
- We always ensure that only sellers from UK can advertise their car on our website but If you notice any advert on the website is not genuine then please email us asap and we will delete the advert instantly and will take action about that advertiser.
- There could be mistaken by seller when adding car details so double check all car details before buying.(e.g automatic or manual, year, registeration, mileage etc.)